Cord was hired as construction manager and general contractor for construction of a 24,560 square- foot press addition to their current facility.
As part of this project, Cord was responsible for all improvements to the outside of the building, including rerouting the existing 60 inch diameter sanitary sewer that was 27 feet deep, water main, fire loop and the storm sewer, while keeping all services to the building active during business hours.
- Completed project with deep foundations
- Provided on-site engineering solutions to resolve utility conflicts and other underground utility issues
- Completed utility connections at night to avoid service interruptions
- Completed the construction of a cast-in-place press table and related systems in addition to the building shell construction
- Evaluated costs for various heating, air conditioning, ventilation and building envelope systems for the client
- Dewatered the entire site, lowering water table 17 to 34 inches to allow dry working conditions, so the 60 inch diameter sanitary sewer could be relocated.
- Implemented pre-construction services by working with project engineers to finalize the design and construction schedule
- Coordinated the printing press manufacturer’s schedule and delivery schedule